Joint Math/Ed Pathway
Students who complete this program will:
- Earn their CA Teaching Credential by the summer after graduation
- Begin teaching full time with a full time salary at the end of that summer
- Complete a Master’s in Education by the following June
The UCLA Curtis Center is no longer accepting applications for this Pathway for the 2020-21 Academic Year.
The application deadline for the 2021-22 UCLA Academic Year will be on December 1st, 2021. This application will require:
- Autobiographical Statement: 1-2 page limit
- Prompt: Your autobiographical statement should indicate why you are applying to the program and what you hope to gain from the program. Please also indicate the development of your teaching interest, your experience (paid or volunteer) related to education, school-age children, and urban schools, and your strengths, skills, or other attributes that are related.
- Upload Autobiographical Statement in the application form.
- Junior/Senior Course Planner:
- Students must complete the Junior/Senior Course planner below to ensure that they have enough space during their Senior year to successfully complete the necessary coursework for their Bachelor’s degree and this pathway.
- Junior/Senior Course Planner
- Upload Junior/Senior Course Planner in the application form.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation:
- One letter must be written by a math professor and the other letter may be written by a math/ed professor or a k-12 teacher mentor.
- Letters of recommendations are submitted separately by the recommender. Click this link to submit a letter of recommendation before the deadline.